Could be restore and flip, but would most likely be restore and maybe rent for
a while, or by the time it's done I might want to live it in a while myself and
rent out the ranch.

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 30, 2017, at 2:29 PM, Donald Snook <d...@snooklawllc.com> wrote:
>
> Could be a fantastic beautiful home or a moneypit.    One thing I'm sure you
> know is houses of this age used REAL WOOD.  Slow growth trees that are as
> hard as iron.  The bones of the house are probably still good.  A foundation
> issue would scare me a little.  It would definitely be a long term project.
> Would you try to restore and flip? Or turn it into a rental? Or several
> apartments?
>
> Don Snook

 ve the old putty that holds the glass in and replace.  No they are probably
not as efficient as new windows.  On one side of the house they have 2 or 3
huge concrete pillars/supports of some sort which butt up against the
foundation, almost sort of like buttresses on a cathedral.  The only thing I
can figure is the foundation started pushing out like it does on old houses and
these were installed to hold it in.  I have seen other old houses where they
have drilled holes in the header plate or foundation with cables stretched
across from one side of the house to the other attached to metal plates on the
outside of the house which can then be tightened as needed to adjust the
foundation. The other side of the house looks like its going to need attention
as there is a section above the concrete/brick foundation that is starting to
move out.  Obviously will need a lot of cosmetics as well.  Since its a
forclosure in need of a lot of work I thought about offering no more than $15k,
and t
 urning it into a long term project.