Sent from my iPhone

> On May 30, 2017, at 3:22 PM, Floyd Thursby via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> That is a gorgeous old house.  Reminds me of my second fixer-upper, an old
> Victorian.  I have no idea what a "fixed-up" value would be on it but it
> looks like 2 bathrooms and a kitchen would need to be upgraded.

Yes bathrooms and kitchens needs help.

> The rest looks mostly cosmetic, stripping, paint, etc. and sand the floors
> and refinish.  I'm sure the wiring is ancient, the plumbing too, so that
> would need to be upgraded.  These are all spendy things.

There is what appears to have been an old fuse box or wiring junction in a hall
way upstairs behind a fancy wooden door in the wall and it's been upgraded to
new wiring. I did not look around for a circuit breaker box. No idea on the
plumbing.

>  How's the roof and paint?

It will need new shingle at some point soon. They do not appear to be leaking
from what i can tell. There is another fancy wooden staircase that leads up to
a semi finished attic and I can see most of the roof decking has been replaced
as the bottom looks fairly new, was probably done when the current shingle were
put on. There is a lot of wood rot the facing board of the roof line, whatever
you call it, and the soffet.

> I'm presuming no insulation anywhere you can do blow-in for that.
There is some blown in insulation in the attic.

>  If windows are also original you would probably want at least new sashes
> with double ("bulletproof") glass, those can go into the existing frames and
> work very nicely.

Are these that you are talking about Windows that mount outside the originals
like storm windows? Some of the windows have that intricate wood work that
there is no way to duplicate now days.

It also still has gas line connections in the bedrooms that were used with
those old gas fired heaters. It has been upgraded to central heat and air and
has 2 units. One up and one down. So that is a plus.

There is a back porch off the kitchen that has been enclosed. The room on that
has been or is currently leaking as I see a soft spot in the floor and a
corresponding rotter spot in the ceiling above. The strange thing is one of the
outside units for the ac is mounted up there, seems that needs to be relocated
down to the ground. The bedroom that is above this area has one of those doors
to nowhere that opens out onto this porch. So there used to be a walk out
balcony on the roof of said porch.

> And whatever the foundation issues are, those can likely be addressed fairly
> easily with some footers and jacks as long as there is not a lot of rot in
> the sills and joists, we have foundation services all over the place here
> that do that sort of thing.

I'm probably going to have the wife show it to me again and take some photos
for you all to see for curiosity. In our little town there used to be a lot of
money here and the town is full of big old houses, some bigger than this one. A
lot of the are real turds that are close to needing to be torn down. Others
people have fixed up real nice. This one seems to be on the edge.