i have run all the various MB vergassers on E10 regular since it became available over 40 years ago. 220Sb (M180), 230TE (M121), 300TE (M103), E320(M104) and 380SL (M116). No problems, no pinging. They are so proud of their spremium around here i quit looking at prices or considering it since they took the lead out about 40 years ago. It is usually $.50 to $1 higher than E10 regular.

Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
June 28, 2017 at 8:20 PM
I’ve heard this and I’ve heard that there’s a risk of damaging the catalyst, but for the life of me I’ve never found anything that clearly states this. Certainly there could be damage if you were driving the car hard and there was a lot of detonation, but as others have stated, the engine management system is going to make sure the timing and spark are correct for the burn.