However I intend to get it to run again with new pistons. These have sat in the exact same place for something like 40 years. I expect thats longer than Jim's generator has existed...

The Kohler is about 1965 vintage.  So there!

I've tried better living through chemistry and time for nearly 5 years now. I've used used motor oil, marvel oil, PB Blaster, gun scrubber, Coca Cola, kerosene and lately WD-40 because its cheap in gallon jugs. Nothing has enabled the pistons to move one little bit.

Kano Kroil is what my engine shop recommends as the best bug
juice out there for loosening rusted engines.  PB would be my
next choice down (I have both).  The electrolysis trick is so
easy to do it would be worth an attempt.  Really.

-- Jim