The Bondo job on the headlight surround seems to have
been successful.  Looks a lot better now, though it is
a solid painted item.  Am doing the other one now.
I thought about having my wife paint a 'bloodshot eye'
effect, but I don't know if that's a great idea or not.
Anything has got to be better than the interior moss and
globs of dirt that I had.

The kickdown solenoid is now clicking for sure, and the
backup lights definitely are on (they share a fuse, along
with the horn).  Next test drive I'll know more about the
shifting.

I can't believe that a 240D doesn't normally start in 1!

-- Jim