On Mar 8, 2006, at 9:05 PM, Zoltan Finks wrote:

Actually I have already R&R'd the starter and it was very simple. The only
problem, in fact, was physically extracting the thing from the engine
compartment. The first time I did it I struggled a good while but got it. The second time I failed to get it lifted out, even though I rotated it like I did before. Fortunately, the engine was shot and it was no problem to just go ahead and yank off a radiator hose to gain clearance. No AT dipstick tube
to worry about for me.

They come out the bottom, moving the steering linkage to the right position gives it enough room. It has to be flipped and spun but they come out easily.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am