> On October 3, 2017 at 4:27 PM Scott Ritchey via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> > The auto-fire cyclic rate I heard in the recordings sounded more like an AK
> > than M-16.  Of course a DIY full-auto conversion could have any fire rate.

I'm still waiting for confirmed details, but it appears an AR15 or two with
bump fire stocks were involved. The cyclic rate on those is a bit faster than a
human finger, probably on par with Jerry Miculek's finger, and noticeable
slower than an M16. And of course, since it had nothing to do with suppressors
or the 100 million gun owners who chose not to get involved with mass murder,
Paul Ryan has already held a press conference to announce that he tabled a bill
which included a relaxation of the 1934 suppressor controls. Apparently idiocy
matter more than hearing damage and people complaining about noise from
shooting ranges. In not-so-gun-friendly countries like England, suppressors are
treated about the same as car mufflers, only a jerk would annoy his neighbors
by not using them.

Mitch.