I never understood the attraction of the mag dump, not even when .223/5.56 ammo
was $0.10 each, that was still $3 to see how fast you can spray 30 rounds. And
today? No thanks.
Dollars per minute just didn't figure into my recreational budget, then or now.
I may have dumped my Glenfield Model 60 once or twice when I was a teen, but
that would have been $0.34 for 17 rounds at the time. I also might not have
ever done it, I just can't remember.

What I did mostly was walk around in the woods shooting at twigs that were
narrower than the bullets, and at the occasional Pabst Blue Ribbon can left
behind by the prior owner of the land. A couple of the older cans I found were
the kind that you had to punch holes in to drink from, some were steel with
pull tabs, and a huge pile of the latest ones by the old sugar bush (syrup
refining shed) were made of aluminum, but it seems that every can of beer that
old man Wells ever drank was Pabst. Just like whatever yahoo throws beer cans
in the road in front of my house now, and only drinks Bud Light. I find one or
two a week when I'm walking my dog, and they're always Bud Light.

Mitch.