The timing advance is pretty robust. The springs can break, but the IP still works. It is possible something is wrong with the timer. I will probably take off the vac pump first and have a look. I don't expect to see anything out of the ordinary. This Injection pump does NOT have a side panel access, so there is nothing I can see from the outside of the pump. On a 621 or 603 there is an access panel on the side. No such luck on a 616.

Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
October 7, 2017 at 4:51 PM
Maybe something broke in the vacuum pump/pump timer area?