I went and picked it up this morning, she was glad to get the $500.  The new BF was there, turns out he is in the wholesale car bidness, buys at auction and flips them. He was pretty much a good ol boy, seemed to like her well enough but she seemed a bit high-strung, who knows.  So I talked to him a bit about this car being wrecked like 4 times, and he laughed and said yeah, but it still runs, do a little fix up, put it on CL for like $1800 and you'll sell it in no time.  He says that is a great target market, someone just looking for a fairly cheap car, and the Benz image! He told her to take the $500 (probably would have gone lower just to unload it but who knew...) and be shed of the thing.  So if Kleb lacks interest, I'll see what the deal is with the steering, see if I can fix it, maybe find a new front bumper fascia at the knackers, or maybe just glue it up and it's good ta go...

It started on 2 pulls this morning and ran fine, so I guess sitting for 2-3months probably got it unhappy.  Idles a little rough, but off idle runs fine.  I might put some of that cleaner stuff in the fuel and see if that even things up.

If I can get it fixed up easy enough maybe I'll just keep it, I don't know.  if anyone other than Kleb has any interest let me know.

She was going to send me the old BF's number, turns out he lives next island over (on a boat but has a shop somewhere) and I can deal with him and the wheel.

What we do for these old POS Benzes...

--R