I'm getting ready to buy some tools and give this a try, but I'm not ready to
shell out $600-1000 for a complete tool kit.

If I can get a good start for $200 I'd be happy.
I'm thinking of buying this, although I have some reservations about the yellow
pull tool for the glue tabs, especially the flat non-swivel base. I figure I'll
use the T handle and slide hammer most of the time and won't need a really good
pull tool, and if I only use it on flat surfaces the flat base won't matter.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-The-newest-pdr-car-dent-repair-device-for-car-automobile-sheet-metal-for-BIW-sag/32229745770.html

Since that tool kit is only for pulling and hammering(tapping), I'll need some
push rods too. This set seems a better deal than the ones on Aliexpress if it's
the same quality:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-Auto-Body-Dent-Removal-Pdr-Rod-Tool-Kit-Hail-Door-Ding-Repair-Set-B/381876391881

Comments/suggestions?