Avoid acidy foods (tomato sauce/pasta) and alcohol in the evenings.  Ramitidine pill at bedtime to help the night reflux. (My 3 docs recommend this, including the one I pay directly, the scrip version is Zantac but the Costco version is lots cheaper and seems to work as well). I was doing Nexium before but there was something about it that made me switch, I forget what it was.  But they all kinda work the same, PPIs.  Also adjusting your diet will help a lot.

I like the plain fizzy water with various flavors when I want something fizzy.  In general I drink plain tea for brekkie, then fill my Bubba52 once or twice in the morning, then iced unsweet tea for the afternoon, water in the evenings.  Cut way back on alcohol, which I now finds gives me a headache even after one beer or wine or mixed drink, which is kinda weird.  And a friend is going alcohol-free due to some issues with it so I feel kinda solidarity in that regard so that helps avoid it, and I find I really don't miss it much now either.

Fruits, veggies, less meat, whole grain stuff, turkey for your lunch meat, some mustard with it, and pickles, a lot of fish for suppers, grilled or oven baked/broiled (not fried), olive oil, minimal processed stuff.  For snacks hummus and carrots and such can fill you up pretty well.  You will also be surprised at how low your food bill can be without buying a lot of processed stuff.  I also find now that eating much meat (beef, chicken, pork) now makes me feel all bloated and unpleasant.

Your body will adjust to the "new normal" after a little while, food will actually start tasting good and you will enjoy the flavors and textures more, and you will find yourself wondering how you could ever eat/drink that crap before when you start feeling better, "loose wait" and have more energy (nudgenudgewinkwinksaynomore).  If you have any sort of concern about big animal farming practices and the concomitant environmental effects you can do your part in that regard too. (I am kinda neutral on it but some people feel very strongly about it, esp how the fast food joints cause it.)

Good luck!

--FT