I just try to base it on plate real estate.  I use half of what I was
previously.  I may still be eating too much at this point, but I’m eating less,
so that’s a start.  I have trained myself to skip meals or change my eating
habits in the past without a lot of difficulty, so I’m sure I’ll be successful
with this.  I can go from wake up to supper with nothing more than water and a
yogurt, at least until I discovered how many carbs there are in nonfat yogurt!

Hence the desire to find some healthier alternatives.

-D