So after charging overnight the battery in the 240d said it was fully charged.
When it came time to crank it over, just slowly turned. Battery is obviously
not up to snuff. I then stuck another battery in it that was questionable but I
thought I would try it. It did the same think. Pulled the battery out of Blue
Bell which thought was charged but it did the same. Well crap. I pulled that
battery back out and put it on the charger. I then pulled the battery out of
the 95 e300 which should be full charged and it turned over better and acted
like it wanted to start, but soon ran down. Hmmm. I got out the wheel charger
and put it on engine start, it cranked over full speed and lit off, instantly
running perfectly smooth on all cylinders. It runs beautifully. A sigh of
relief. I tried a few things, blower is not coming on and of course ac
compressor did not kick in. I am now going to proceed to replacing the fuel
return lines, replace fuel filters, vacuum lines, then take it out for a qui
 ck spin. I will say in thing about doing the fuel filters on this car, it got
me to thinking I sure wish they had put a bleeder pump on the 60x cars. Sure
seems it would save a lot of wear and tear on the starter and battery.

Sent from my iPhone