> > Andrew  wrote:
> >
> > How about someone who really knows his wild mushrooms?

> MG wrote:

> I go out and pick Chantrelles when they are growing. They are
> one of the best mushrooms for cooking and have a great taste.

Yup.  My "plot" didn't grow any this year.  Probably 'cause it was
too dry at their usual time.  Chanterelle mushrooms are also easy
to identify and easy to avoid the one possible poison look-alike.

I also watch for puffballs and chicken-of-the-woods.

> Randy wrote:
>
> My father used to pick wild mushrooms. He said that they were ok
> unless they did not smell good.

That is a _very_ risky way to identify mushrooms!!!