> Dunno how you would measure capacitance, but replacement should be do-able
> with the resolder station.

A capacitor tester, of course!  My primary tester for these is my old
Heathkit IT-28, because it will do leakage tests at working voltage, and
the magic eye tube is good clean fun.  After that I can use either of two
value testers, the GenRad 1657 Digibridge, or the HP 4277A LCZ analyzer.
In a way those are overkill, but they _will_ give you the capacitance value
and more importantly a quality rating related to their series resistance.
Some multimeters will read out bare capacitance, but the ESR and breakdown
voltage readings are almost more important.  Or, for $1, just replace all
of the electrolytic caps with good new parts!

-- Jim