You are totally asking the wrong people about curing the diesel disease. I
mean, that's like asking your crack dealer if it's a good idea to kick the
habit.

I kinda figured that.....

I paid $5000 for my 1992 300D. 286Kmi, new transmission at 200K, new timing chain, valve job, and head gasket at 150Kmi. New 500E headlights and motor
mounts just before I bought it, and nearly complete records from both
owners.

That is kinda scary. This is a 1992 300D with 159K miles. I surely don't want to drop 5 grand and then have to put in a head gasket, timing chain ect.
Thanks,
Rick Knoble
'85 300 CD
'87 190 DT