Does #1 relieve the scumbag of responsibility for his actions?

Good info Greg.  Thanks for your perspective.
Greg Fiorentino via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 2, 2017 at 4:21 PM
1. Apparently the prosecution conducted some forensic analysis on the recovered bullet as well as the pier concrete, and found evidence that the bullet that killed Kate had indeed ricocheted off the pier.

2. The weapon was a Sig P239, which is available in several calibers and 3 flavors: DA/SA, DAO, and "DAK trigger system developed for law enforcement" I believe the DAK Sig is the one my son owns, a twin for his USCG duty weapon. It has a 6.5 lb. long trigger pull, hardly a hair-trigger which could be readily discharged by accident.

3. It is likely that as a federal LEO, the agent had authorization to carry either his issued duty weapon or a personally owned firearm. I have had 6 different personally owned handguns over the years with written authorizations for on and off duty carry. I am sure none would have been allowed with a lighter than original trigger pull. The last was a DAO H&K. In recent decades the authorized weapons went to DA only to decrease the possibility of accidental discharge and subsequent liability. Thanks lawyers!

Greg