Well we certainly have crooked persecutors running loose at the highest levels of the DOJ. Some of those guys are so incredibly dirty, it is unbelievable. The dud that brought down arthur Anderson comes to mind. I was never a fan of old arthur, but where does Arthur go to get his reputation and business back?

Mitch Haley via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 3, 2017 at 12:06 PM

It's usually due to criminal malfeasance of prosecutors and/or cops.
I think some cops are crooked and most prosecutors are crooked. And many judges used to be crooked prosecutors. Greg might have another view of that subject.

In this famous case local to me, a crooked prosecutor instructed a cop to re-do a video analysis timeline so that it no longer proved innocence. But how a lack of proof of innocence resulted in conviction is indeed a question for the judge and jury. The prosecutor was fired, not prosecuted for suborning of perjury. The perjuring cop is comfortably enjoying his pension in Pennsylvania.
And I think poor Claude finally learned that you never talk to cops.
http://justicedenied.org/issue/issue_42/michigan_jd42.pdf