From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of OK Don via
Mercedes
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 4:45 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Cc: OK Don
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT- Fun With Guns Today

Wait, the polymer has higher reliability and lower recoil???  I'd expect more
wear and lower mass = more recoil.
I've never held a polymer gun, much less fired one, though I did love the
1911 that I got to fire years ago.

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 6:36 PM, Greg Fiorentino via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I agree that the M1911 is a beautiful bit of engineering and a rugged
> beast. (I sure should have bought that Singer M1911 that a buddy tried
> to sell me for $100 back in the day.) Wonderful to take to the range
> for a bit of fun. But carrying it on your hip all day every day will
> make you love plastic for its reliability and lighter weight. My H&K
> USP Compact is just as powerful in .40 S&W and more pleasant to
> actually carry. Polymer cuts recoil a bit too.
>
> Is the Hogue wood? My experience with Pachmayr rubber grips has been
> very good. I have some on a T/C Contender pistol that really tame the
> recoil, as well as weld to the hand! Nice when you're approaching
> rifle ballistics in a pistol.
>
> Greg

OK Don

*“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our
people need it sorely on these accounts.”* – Mark Twain

learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for
themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!