Curley McLain wrote:
> You may still have a problem with the starter,  cable, terminal, or
> battery.  it should crank full speed for a minute at a time
>
> > Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> > December 16, 2017 at 1:31 PM
> > Problem solved. At least I fixed 1 car today. I ohmed the glow plugs
> > and found 1 dead one. Replaced it with one I had laying around and
> > BAM, it fired right up. I guess 1 dead plug makes a big difference in
> > a little 240d

I don't understand why seemingly no one uses a sp.gr. hydrometer anymore.
It has solved so many problems for me, I wouldn't be without it.
The plastic type are okay when they are new, but I still prefer the all glass
and rubber models such as this $11 model:
https://www.amazon.com/OTC-4619-Professional-Battery-Hydrometer/dp/B0050SFVHO/ref=sr_1_3/143-1233966-9772214?ie=UTF8&qid=1513473626&sr=8-3&keywords=battery+hydrometer

---
http://www.avg.com