Just thought I would toss this out:

I had a couple of small MagLite flashlights I’ve had laying in my desk drawer
for a while because they had stopped working. I liked both, one because it had
some sentimental value as swag from a previous employer, the other because I
liked the size and weight of it.  One (the swag one) did have some corrosion on
the end cap but the other seemed to be fine, I even got new lamps for both to
be sure they weren’t the issue.

I sent both into MagLite to see if they would warranty them, since they have a
lifetime warranty on nearly all of their products.

A couple of weeks go by and I got an email from MagLite saying that one was
repairable under warranty, the other not because there was corrosion from the
batteries.  OK, no biggie, I’ll take what I can get….

They wanted $5.00 to cover return shipping and offered to “upgrade” the one
good flashlight to an LED for $17.00.  Since it cost me nothing and I had a
handful of bulbs here, I passed.

So yesterday they show up in the mail.

I opened the package and found both flashlights inside, both repaired (!) and
extra bulbs in each.  There was a note from their technician in the bag with
the one they said they couldn’t repair saying that they rummaged around in some
spare parts and found a good end cap for it, so they were including it for
free. There was a bill of materials for both in each bag as well, and it
appears they replaced what few parts there are inside of them as well.

Now that’s service!  Everyone should go out and buy a MagLite flashlight now….

-D