So here is the continuing saga of the cruise control rebuild. After reflowing the joints, then all out desoldering and resoldering it still would not work. Over the course of the last few days I have gone back over each joint and found some that did not look like I soldered them very good.  Added a little more solder to those joints.  Then would go back over them again and find a few more to hit again. So I finally tried it out just now and it appears to be working fine.  I hope I have not cursed myself.  I am now getting ready to start on the next one I need to rebuild.

---
http://www.avg.com