Oh, YES!  We have a starter that is over a year old now - all "natural"
yeast. We use it for about half the bread, and commercial yeast for the
other half. How "natural/wild" the yeast in the starter is is debatable,
since we'd baked bread with commercial yeast in the house for five years
previously. Our sourdough has tamed over the year - it's not as sour as it
was when it was young.

On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 9:22 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I'm kind of over it.
>
> On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 10:08 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > I've baked a less serious version of sourdough for years now. Never had
> > the persistence to get a starter strong enough where I didn't need
> > commercial yeast but I get a nice sour note.
> > Curt
> >
> > Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
> >
> >   On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 9:51 PM, Mountain Man via Mercedes<
> > mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   Food.  Do any okiebenz readers use
> > sourdough?
> > tin.man

OK Don