And new shoes/boots/pocketbook!

If I was wandering about with coyotes in the area I would probably pack a
pistol.

We just had a gator lunge at a neighbor playing with their dog next to one of
our retention ponds.  I don’t have a lot of sympathy for them, as anyone with
half a brain around here knows that small animals are food for these things.
There was an incident over in Clearwater a year or two ago where a woman was
walking her (little) dog along side a pond, and a gator jumped out and grabbed
it. She later admitted that she saw the warning signs but chose to ignore
them....

-D