Trouble is getting a clean shot before it gets you.  I think the folks here called a gator wrangler who snagged it and hauled it off, they have to be killed as once they settle on a place they will come back.  Not sure what happens to the carcass but that would make some nice boots and a few pounds of tail meat.  I could probably find a dozen of them within a mile of the vast estate, if not more, but not right now.  (Up the road a bit there are some old rice ponds that have some 12 footers that hang around)  Hell I had one in the marsh out by the garage a few years back, bellowing for a girlfriend.  My neighbor's worker had a little one last year he got from my neighbor's pond, he was cutting up the tail, it had been eyeing the dogs a bit too longingly...

--FT