> Floyd wrote:

> I saw LED tubes to replace the glass fluorescent tubes.

These are available in two styles.  Direct replacement and ballast
bypass.

Direct replacement are just installed like a fluorescent tube.
Remove the one, install the other.  Typically only work with
electronic ballasts and NOT with old-style magnetic ballasts.

Ballast bypass require rewiring the fixture, and some T8 fixtures
use tube sockets incompatible with the LED tubes.  A fixture
designed for T12 is fine.

Personally, I have no problem with rewiring to eliminate the
ballast.  And getting rid of the ballast is, in my reasoning, a
Good Thing (TM).

Just be sure you are getting what you expect.