Alex pointed out somthing important that had been missed in prior
posts. On the ORIGINAL wheel size (15x6.5), the 195/65 tire is
optimal, as Marshall and others said. A plus-one fitment isn't bad if
you really want to do that (205/60).

Anything else really requires a larger WHEEL... either wider, or
larger diameter, or both. For any given wheel size, there is really
only one optimum tire size, with maybe a second or third size that's
acceptable. If you stick with what MB mounts from the factory you're
usually ahead of the game.

I've got W203 Sport wheels on my car (17x7.5) with the factory tire
size (225/45/17) and they work great. Extremely precise handling, but
a little firmer than stock, naturally. Note that the 225/55/16 tires
on the 500E were mounted on 16x8.0 wheels (and the 500E had flared
fenders to swallow the larger setup.)

:)

-dm