Craig,

Just got my official MB pulling hooks out of the tool chest.  Here’s what I can
tell you:

Part number: 140 589 02 33 00
Length of wire: approximately 6” from handle to hook
Hook length: 3/16”
Wire diameter: ~ 2 mm

There is a black line approximately 2-1/2” up from the end with the hook.  I
suspect that’s a reference point for how far you’re supposed to stick them into
the dash before rotating to engage the cluster.  I’ll check today as I’m
planning on pulling the cluster on the 400E.

Here is a pair on the island of large women:

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Mercedes-Instrument-Cluster-140589023300/dp/B00VU0D7KO

-D