Did a search on this subject several months ago, but dropped the project ...... Nanni Diesels did convert Mercedes diesel to marine application ....

Mercedes OM636, marine conversion from the 170D sedan produced after ww2 . 38 mpg The sad results, but not final to my liking, is as we all know the USA is anti-diesel ... other parts of the world are suppliers ... found a local place in MD ....connected to Nanni Diesel .... maybe they can make the final word on this question ...

http://www.waterwaymarine.com/services.php?
http://www.west-4x4.demon.co.uk/om636/170D.html
http://www.west-4x4.demon.co.uk/om636/
http://www.nannidiesel.com/
http://www.practical-sailor.com/newspics/charts/84Questions4.pdf

Bill
1981 300 TD

carbucks wrote:
I, too, would love to replace my ailing Mercruiser 140 (GM four cylinder iron duke engine) with an MB five cylinder diesel.

Anyone been there, done that?

Martin
84 300SD 300 000 miles
85 300SD 300 000 km