Just bought two cans of this:

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/3m-super-trim-adhesive-yellow-19-oz-08090/7160016-P?searchTerm=trim+adhesive

Only stuff I’ll use.  As with anything using adhesives or paint, proper surface
prep is critical to it performing properly.  As my hood has been scraped of all
loose gunk, I’ll wipe it down prior to adhesive application with a liberal
amount of 3M Adhesive Remover.

If you have Advance Auto in the area, they’re the cheapest - you can use a
promo code to get 20% off.  It ends up being even cheaper than the island of
large women.

I’ll have pictures of the process up on the blog later today or tonight.

-D