I’ve lived here for over 20 years, and the only inspections that were ever done
were for emissions, and those were only done around the Tampa area.

Indiana used to do inspections and it was a horrible system that was arbitrary
and only really benefitted the shops that did it.  If I knew someone with a
shop or mechanic’s license I could pay them the fee and get my sticker without
them ever seeing my car.

-D