It definitely came from the primer end (the wet powder gun is an inline not a
sidelock) as the powder closest to the bullet was dry while the powder closest
to the primer was wet. I made a blog entry on it:
http://curtsotherblog.blogspot.com/
which was interestingly one of my most controversial blog posts when I put it
on Facebook. I got a lot of guys who claimed I didn't know what I was doing,
none of them actually have a CVA Buckhorn though. I've got an idea that
somebody could make a rubber plug to go over the breech plug in the gun to seal
the primer in better but in the end its just a cheap plastic stocked gun that I
never really loved. The TC Renegade I bought to replace it has classic lines,
nice wood and a larger diameter bore for bigger bullets and thus more powder, I
just like it better. Typical story, the Renegade is what I should have gotten
in the first place...

-Curt

On Sunday, March 4, 2018, 3:34:42 PM EST, Curley McLain via Mercedes