My first snowmobile trailer was slightly tail heavy so it would watch empty. I
had a couple concrete blocks I would strap to the front so I could drag it
empty or to help balance a load.

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 10:09 AM, tyee165 via Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:   Back in 1982, my father was still alive and still had the sawmill. We
bought a new house in the fall of 1981 and wanted to fence the yard that next
spring. Dad gave us a load of 4x4s and some were 16 footers. I borrowed a
utility trailer from a friend and set out to haul them home. 175 miles. We
quickly learned that we could not exceed 40 mph as the trailer would start to
wag the rear of the car. So long as we stayed at 40 mph, it was fine. We could
not shift the load forward so we putted home slowly. A long trip but no one ran
us over. Good thing it was daylight.
RB

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A
-------- Original message --------From: Mitch Haley via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> Date: 2018-04-22  8:20 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: Mercedes
Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com> Cc: Mitch Haley
<mi...@mitchellhaley.com> Subject: Re: [MBZ] Somebody crapped their pants on
the interstate

> On April 21, 2018 at 9:56 PM Curt Raymond via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> I learned this the first time I towed a snowmobile trailer, I didn't have
> enough tongue weight and it wanted to wag something fierce above about 45mph.
> Pulled over and shifted the machines forward and all was well. Fortunately I
> didn't try to go any faster...

I still think that's the *normal* failure mode. But Karl and others have
convinced me that it's not the only way it can announce itself.
Mitch