On Sun, 22 Apr 2018 09:09:32 -0500 tyee165 via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Back in 1982, my father was still alive and still had the sawmill. We
> bought a new house in the fall of 1981 and wanted to fence the yard
> that next spring. Dad gave us a load of 4x4s and some were 16 footers.
> I borrowed a utility trailer from a friend and set out to haul them
> home. 175 miles. We quickly learned that we could not exceed 40 mph as
> the trailer would start to wag the rear of the car. So long as we
> stayed at 40 mph, it was fine. We could not shift the load forward so
> we putted home slowly. A long trip but no one ran us over. Good thing
> it was daylight. RB

That's what we experienced when we were bringing three 20' lengths of 12"
galvanized pipe from Denver to Calhan, Colorado. We found out when we got
on I-25 and started to accelerate. When we decelerated, the wag went away.
We then quickly got off the Interstate and on to surface streets, going
less than 45 all the way home.

Craig