I have worked with industrial automation for a little while. Sensors fail,
input cards fail, output cards fail. I suspect aircraft navigation systems,
heck all aircraft systems are fairly well inspected on a regular basis. Not
many of us inspect our cars with such rigor. We are car guys... What does that
say for the general population?

The one way it *may* work is if autonomous auto ownership is held by the
government or the manufacturer, and is subject to inspection and regular
maintenance. Oh, and escort all of the ambulance chasing attorneys to the
"showers". Present company excepted of course.

Rick