Diesel fuel prices are dropping here now.  They peaked at around $3.05 I
think, yesterday I say $2.79.

Fuel consumption in The White Whale has been creeping back up.  I had a few
tanks that hit 24 mpg, now back down to 22 mpg.  I've had the roof cross
bars mounted for a bit, and haven't checked the tire pressures, but I think
the major factor is AC season.  My commute has also changed, used to be
mostly surface streets that flowed pretty good at about 45-50 mph, now I
get on the belt line highway which is mostly 65 - 75 mph.  I still need to
adjust the injection pump, I think it is over-fueling and I know the
maximum engine speed is set to low at around 4500 RPM.

Max
Charleston SC