Hi Gang!

Tuesday, I put the spare battery from the 240D in my 91 300D and it fired right up without any charging needed.  I put my DMM on it and it read in excess of 13V and after the GPs heated it fired instantly.

Today, I planned to start it and maybe run it around the block - maybe more just to give it some exercise but when we turned the key, not even the lights in the dash are lit!  So I got my DMM again and checked the voltage in the battery and it is down to a little over 2!  But I can charge it.  I disconnected the neg cable and it is charging at 40amps.

My question is (finally, right?) and I need to know how to find the short.  Just out of curiosity I checked the Fuses and found fuse "C" was blown - something unusual - I checked the map and C protects the seat motors, Trunk Light and some other stuff - I'll write all of that down shortly.

So, I can disconnect the battery to prevent discharge but I'm wondering how to troubleshoot what I always called a dead short.

I can pull the fuses one by one and check the rate of discharge but with so many fuses that'll take a while.

Thx,

LarryT

91 300D