The old battery seems to have more life than many newer ones.  But I will have
to wait to verify this statement until the replacements fail.  What they
replaced were each at least a decade old.  The SD had one from 2005 removed
last month.  The SDL was around 2003  IIRC when a fresh on went in December 2017

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen

retired models-
2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored crap
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers