Hi Mitch!

That doesn't sound like a fun way to spend a weekend!  BTW, what you described is very much what I saw the mechanics doing in the videos - they were using a foreign language I didn't recognize but it may have been German.  The sound was pretty poor.

They also used a shop made slide tool which had 2, 3' long legs that bolted behind the hub - then a large sledge was used to whack away at the other end (non-hub end) until it pulled loose.

The BMW guy also used a bearing collar behind the hub to press the hub off using lug bolts to push thru the flange against the collar slowly pulling the hub away from the carrier.

After watching the various videos I became more familiar with what I might need do! :-)

I must admit though, I'm having 2nd thoughts...  I get around pretty good with my walker but my adult son is not mechanically inclined (at all) and my wife has good intentions but lacks the weight needed to loosen bolts, etc.

But if I can get close to things while in my chair, I should be able to do the job.  I have plenty of tools to help along the way - and a large group of knowledgeable friends to tell me how to work around a problem. wink, wink -

Thanks to all -

LarryT