I suspect that it will be fine. When the rear subframe mounts get dead rubber, you will know it. The car get squirrelly going over RR tracks, but is normal most of the time. Until it gets squirrelly going over tracks, I'd not worry about it, and even thern you probably have 1-5 years before you need to worry. Drive it.

Larry Turner via Mercedes wrote:
Got a question regarding my rusted connection over the rear suspension: I'm thinking that if I go through with replacing the wheel bearing carrier, maybe I can just ignore the rusty connection and drive? After all, very few similar problems have been found but granted it's not a problem to get noticed unless the shop uses a prybar to pry between the connection. Otherwise it's like rust in most other cases, it just does its thing. I haven't heard of any sounds or strange handling characteristics when these connections get rusty and as long as we don't race around corners we'll probably forget the problem is there. Also, hopefully I can eventually either weld a sandwich of metal above and below the rusted area and re--bolt the connection or find a shop to do it if my health never improves to allow me to get under the car again.

Am I being dangerous in my thoughts? I think I freaked out when the shop told me the connection between the rear susp and chassis was rusted. Plus I like everything to work as it should....

Thanks Guys,

LarryT