Larry:

The ankle is OK, but still gives me fits once in a while.  Been a year and a
half now, and I've been told that's pretty normal.  Some arthritis in it,
probably there before I broke it.  Stepped on a log in the drive taking the
trash out from the garage at night -- I knew they were there, planning on
cutting them up for cedar linings, but had a car parked and decided to take the
short way to the road.  Big mistake.

I broke the corner off the tibia, and broke the small bone up near the knee,
and dislocated my foot pretty well, had to have two sets of screws to hold the
bones together for the tendons to heal.  Naturally, I broke one of the screws
when I started walking on it 7 weeks later, and had to have that one dug out
from the other side in the second surgery.

Not fun at all.  However, even with all the nuttiness at work, today was pretty
good -- no significant swelling of that foot for the first time in a year and a
half.  The pain moves around, didn't know that there were so many things in an
ankle that could hurt that bad.....

Getting old is definitely not for the weak of heart!  I've got four more years
to SS age, and it can't get here soon enough.  I'm fed up with the shenanigans
at work (new lab techs, half of whom think they know everything and I'm stupid,
again) and a sort of boss who is trying to get rid of me because I've proved
him wrong a couple times -- don't you just love insecure people?

Looking for another job, this one is about over for me, I'm not sure I can face
another round of persuading fairly dense people I know what I'm doing.

Come on 2022!

Peter