I remember when the E10 junk was pushed upon us so many years ago.  The older
cars had all manner of issue with rubber bit failures.  I had to deal with
three cars within 6 months needing hoses and gaskets due to being melted by
ethanol.    The replacement rubber bits did work better, but the cost was
wallet busting.

Sure, there are new bits, just need the source and cash.  What was out in fuel
before the mandate for oxygenated petrol was probably much less per volume

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen

retired models-
2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored crap
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers