Oh, no, no, no, no. ;-)  I was unclear somewhere else I don't have a good idea of my plan.

Let me try again:

 * Remove wheel
 * Unstake 30mm nut and remove C Clip.
 * Use small sledge to break axle shaft loose (spray liberally with
   penetrating fluid)
 * Remove rotor
 * Remove backing plate
 * Unbolt Outer CV joint from back of Carrier
 * Unbolt 5 point Suspension
 * Separate Tie rod and remove bolt.
 * Remove Carrier and take to Suspension shop and have then R&R the
   bearings.

I am not planning to attempt to remove the hub which is what I call the pressed on part that has the 5 lug bolt holes in it.

I hope I won't run into too much rust - so far the car has been rust free (except for the rear susp to chassis connection) but I plan to use penetrating early and often allowing it to soak...

Thanks gang!  Hopefully I hope I will have a chance to work on this later this week,  we're supposed to get a break in humidity Thurs.

Larry

91 300D