Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the "start to worry point" is anything above 100*C.

Mike

PS: Howdy "Neighbor"........How's the weather on your mountain?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Levi Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 8:04 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] '83 300D winter heat generation

OK, so I took a couple trips last night and have a new question...

What is correct operating temperature range?  I'm sitting at about
90-100C even at around 40F outside temp now.  Which I guess might be OK,
I'm just not used to seeing it quite that high and wondering if it will
stay at that level once it gets warmer out.

Are the temps safe all the way up to 120C?

Levi
In other words... "when do I need to worry about overheating"?

Curt Raymond wrote:
I know others have a different proceedure but back before I knew better on my 300TD I filled just through the bottle but I left the overflow thing on the top of the radiator disconnected and had EXCELLENT results. I filled slowly with the car off and once I had as much as I thought I could fit in I started the engine and let it warm up. Heater on of course. Then as it ran the bottle would empty and I'd keep topping it up. After maybe 5 minutes it was pretty well burped. I put the overflow hose back on and took it for a short ride with the cap loose. Added one more time, then capped it.
  The next couple days I watched and added maybe once more. Worked slick.

  -Curt