If I had a camera with me, I'd take pictures of the air cleaner inside.  It's
barely touched by oil film.  When I had it apart several weeks ago, I cleaned
it up, half of it was dry and crusty, not fresh oil.

Luther

~The thing is, when the engine has SERIOUS problems like it sounds like
~luthers has, there will be so much blowby that it will overtake the oil
~seperator system.
~
~Jim Cathey wrote:
~
~>>With a nearly dry undercarriage, where else could it be going?  Not
~>>rings,
~>>valve guides, or seals.  Could have been valve cover baffle, and might
~>>be
~>>turbo seals.  Is there any other place that can lose oil internally?
~>
~>
~> Is the inside of the air cleaner excessively oily?  That is, has it
~> got worse puddling than a film?
~>
~> -- Jim
~>