On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 17:02:10 +0000 (UTC) Curt Raymond
<curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Chevy or Ford like I said before. I'm not much into SUVs particularly
> but since there aren't really any station wagons anymore I guess
> they're the only choice. Most people who "need" an SUV would be better
> off to get a sedan and rent a Uhaul once every year or two, money-wise
> they'd come out way ahead, especially on maintenance.

I found a local one in town:

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2004-ford-explorer-xls/6699949568.html
http://14215.bestusedcarmarket.com/p/35610531/2/20593171
2004 Ford Explorer XLS
210,212 miles

I went and looked at it. It drives very nicely, though a bit stiff
compared to the BRV. When they got it, the windshield was cracked,
so they replaced the windshield.

It says "Mechanic's special!!" and that is because:

- Upper and lower oil pan leaks
- Power steering hose leaks
- Front passenger CV boot damaged
- Rear passenger axle leaks
- Fuel rail pressure sensor needs to be replaced
  (at least that's what the P193 code they read said)
- Needs motor mounts
- Needs ball joints and tie rods
- Radio works but CD player does not

I noticed it had a 1.5" receiver, not the 2" I'm used to, and asked what
the towing capacity is. The salesman looked it up on the Internet and
called me to say it was 56xx pounds. I looked it up and found
http://trailers.com/tow-capacity/2004_Ford_Explorer_4WD_AWD_5363.html .
which says it's 7000 pounds. On page 9 of
http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/towingguides/2004_All.pdf
it says, "Can be equipped to tow trailers up to 7,140 lbs."

That said, I looked on albuquerque.craigslist.org. The model names of the
various manufacturers is confusing, though the PDF linked above shows the
various model names and ratings for each of the Ford SUVs. I need to find
something similar for Chevy.

Craig