IMNSHO. all diesels, especially those with low mileage in good condition are seeing a bump in prices.  I think this is due to the recent VW diesel debacle which has virtually destroyed the diesel passenger car industry for new cars - leaving a declining number of used diesels available. VW/Porsche and Audi dropped diesels as well as MB.  There are no affordable diesels (or not so affordable) available as new cars in the US anymore.  I happen to think the fines and punishment was far in excess to the damage VW did.  Mostly they did the worst damage to themselves by destroying the belief the public had in VW.  It appears to me it was an attempt to dump diesels in favor or EVs.  The two aren't comparable at all with the diesel being the stronger engine type. But that's just me.

Humbly yours ;-)

LarryT
91 300D (on the road soon)
06 E350 (on the road again)