I suspect that it is a conspiracy to eliminate petrol powered cars in favor of
virtue-signalling and simpler to control electric cars.  A diesel or gas car
has a goodly range and swift refueling.  A battery car takes almost an hour to
fill, and you can only go less than 300 miles.  Range becomes 250 miles in five
hours in your volt, but I could drive 400 miles in five hours in the E300D, and
still not have to stop, but to widdle.   That diesel had a 650 mile range
before it needed fuel at 80mph.  For my $0.02, electric cars are only good for
around town or to the next large city, not for family vacations and trips.

clay monroe
redgh...@comcast.net