Clonezilla is the bomb for that. Back in the XP days I kept server copies of
all my classroom systems. I could restore the whole room in 20 minutes.
Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 5:44 PM, Dan Penoff via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   It’s times like this that I’m glad I
use Macs.

Youngest son just got a brand new PC with Windows 10.  He had the hard drive
from his old machine.  How to migrate over?

No easy way - have to use a third party utility to clone the old drive and then
clone it to the new one.  Took the better part of a day.

I just migrated to a new Mac Pro.  I think it too about 10 minutes to move
everything over, and once I logged into iCloud all of my accounts and
credentials came over, too.

And yes, you should be able to set up a mirrored RAID (1) and once it’s built,
break it.  I think.

-D